In the course of its activity and for the purposes of providing the Services (as defined in our Terms of Service), Prokerala is required to collect and process the personal data of its users.
Information we collect and receive
In the course of your use of the Services, we obtain the following information about you as described below.
- Information You Provide
- Registration details: date of registration, user name, password;
- Personal information: your Name, email address, your picture, your postal address including address, pin/zip code, city, region, country, phone number;
- Company information: company information, your job title, company website, tax ID;
- Financial information: such as bank account or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details, PayPal email address, Payment frequency, date of payment, invoice ID, amount, currency
- Information We Collect Automatically. We collect information related to your usage of the Prokerala Services and the devices you use to access those Services. The types of information we may collect through your use of Prokerala services include:
- Usage information: We monitor user activity in connection with the Services and collection information about the applications and the features you use, the content you access
- Log Information
- Device Information e.g. IP address, Device IDs, etc.
- Information We Collect from Other Sources: We may collect information from third party business partners where you have provided us with access to information from those third parties.
We collect the information you directly provide to Prokerala when you visit our websites or register for and/or use the Prokerala Services. The types of information we may collect directly from you include:
Your Personal Information Choices
In some situations, you can decline to provide information to Prokerala when asked for it. If you decline to provide information where we require such information to operate the Prokerala Services and fulfill our obligations, you may not be able to use the applicable Prokerala Service(s). Situations where this may occur include:
- Where we asks you to provide personal information to create an account,
- Where a third-party application on Prokerala asks you to provide information to use their feature or service.
- Where we asks you to provide personal information to be able to add features or services to an existing account at your request.
There may be situations where you do not have the ability to decline to provide information. This includes where Prokerala automatically collects personal information through your use of Prokerala Services. For any questions about providing us with your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com
Why we collect your data
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our Services
- Improve, personalize, and expand our Services
- Understand and analyze how you use our Services
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
- Resolve technical issues and troubleshoot problems;
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the Service, and for marketing and promotional purposes
- Process your transactions
- Send you text messages and push notifications
- Find and prevent fraud
- Enforce the Terms of Service
- Ensure compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms of Service, or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency.
Links to Third Party Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside India and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to India and process it there.
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and for as long as you have an account with us or keep using our Services;
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
Prokerala may share/use personal information and personally identifiable information provided by Users with the Other Parties for the purposes of:
- processing the purchase of Products on the Platforms.
- enabling Users to enjoy the Services and to use the Products, including sharing information with Other Parties to provide services, technical support etc. in relation to the Products; or
- detecting and preventing identity theft, fraud or any other potentially illegal acts; or
- monitoring and enhancing User interest and engagement, including through promotional activity, personal messages to Users using personally identifiable information provided by Users, etc; or
To the extent that Other Parties have access to the personal information, Prokerala shall make efforts to ensure that the Other Parties treat such personal information at least as protectively as they treat personally identifiable information obtained from their users or members.